Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® Color Boards

I put together a few practice boards to show how different Annie Sloan paint colors's look with Clear Wax and Dark Wax. They are quite different. Hopefully it will give you a clearer picture of the different looks that be achieved with this paint.

This first set are with no wax.



Below are with Clear Wax and Dark Wax


As you can see, the dark wax changes the color dramatically but still gives a beautiful look. It all depends on the look you are going for. With some distressing, the dark wax can add a lot of character.

I have been enjoying playing around with the different finishes. The are so many combinations that can be achieved. I've had fun mixing colors to create new ones and adding color washes to some. The possibillities are endless!

I am currently working on an old chair that is dated between the 1920's - 1930's. A little paint and some new fabric on the seat has added many more good years to her! She will be making her debut soon!

I hope this will inspire you to look at an old piece of furniture in a new way!


Sharing At:


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! It's very helpful and these are some of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your discovery of the dark wax results! I know this is an old post, but may I ask for a brand name for the dark wax?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this interesting and informative article, painting with airless spray gun will be faster and more interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10